Wednesday, July 8, 2015

New Knit Stitch a Week: Diamond Honeycomb

Diamond Honeycomb stitch - blocked

I'm a fan of nice textured stitches and this one was fairly simple to do. My wool swatch (right) on size 6 needles curled a great deal. Blocking helped (those are the blocked swatches above) but the wool swatch still looks pretty curled, doesn't it?

Left: Using size 8 needles, I cast on 17 stitches in Teal acrylic thread from my stash
Right: Using size 6 needles I cast on 17 stitches in Knit Picks Wool of the Andes in Currant
Pattern found here: http://www.knittingstitchpatterns.com/2015/04/diamond-honeycomb.html

I'm fairly certain I messed something up in my "knit under loose strands" step on the teal swatch - see that long, loose looking portion on the left? I'd re-do that. Does anyone know any clear instructions on how to knit under loose strands? All I found were pictures that weren't super-helpful!

Here's a peek at the back (unblocked):
Diamond Honeycomb stitch - wrong side

And here's the swatches before blocking:
Diamond Honeycomb stitch - unblocked

No comments: